SCHOOL OF ISLAMThe School of Islam at the Albanian Muslim Society of Toronto is a place where children can develop concepts, disciplines, and principles relative to their unique Islamic identity. Register Now
SCHOOL OF ISLAM
The School of Islam at the Albanian Muslim Society of Toronto is a place where children can develop concepts, disciplines, and principles relative to their unique Islamic identity. Islamic education is essential to help child face future challenges as Muslims. Working together we can achieve far more than what either can hope to do alone.
- Every Sunday, from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
- Ages: 7 – 13
Material that is going to be taught:
- Basic Islamic Studies (Five Pillars of Islam, Articles of Faith, Stories of the Prophets, etc.)
- Memorization of Short Surahs from the Qur’an
- How to read the Qur’an in Arabic
- Practice for the End of the Year Graduation Ceremony
- Notebook (Spiral or Composition)
- Folder or Binder
- Pencil or Pen
- It is important students come every Sunday so they don’t miss a lot of necessary information.
Students are expected to demonstrate respect for themselves, towards others, towards learning and towards property.
- Respect for Self: Dress appropriately, speak in an appropriate tone of voice, talk to your teacher if you are having any problems in class, and engage in activities that would not be harmful to yourself.
- Respect for Others: Treat others kindly, speak in an appropriate tone of voice, keep hands, feet and objects to self, use positive language.
- Respect for Learning: Be on time for class every week, be prepared with school supplies, complete and submit homework on time, listen to your teacher when he or she is speaking
- Respect for Property: Clean up after yourselves because the Mosque is Allah’s home and we do not want to keep it messy.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call: (416) 763-0612 or email: [email protected]